Why Your Business Needs a Website in Today’s Market
There are still a lot of businesses out there without a website struggling along wondering why they are not getting the same amount of customers that they used to get. They have been advertising in the paper or on Yell and their customer base is just getting less and less.
Did the people vanish? No, they just look for products and services in a different place now. It’s called the Internet, more precise its called Google and Facebook. There are many other online places of course but in general thats where the people are. Consumers are also far more savvy than they used to be, they know how to use the internet to search for the best deals and like to really research products before buying. Its because its so fast and simple now to this thanks to the internet.
According from a study from Google….
50% of internet users have researched and compared products.
40% of offline buyers have conducted online research prior to purchase.
Lots and lots more consumers globally now also navigate around social media sites in search of profits reviews and user comments.
Now its all figures from some Google study and who knows really how true those figures are but regardless we know that one thing that is true is that most people now use the internet to buy things and look at stuff. So if you’re a business you need to have your things and stuff online so that the people of today can search for it, find it and buy it from you.
How do people find your products/services? Watch a quick video below:
They go onto Google and type something like “Product/Service in Town/City”
That’s how customers generally find you online.
If you’re a business to consumer business and your not visible for searches like that then you have a problem.
If your customers are actively searching online for your products and your competitors are showing up on Google or have more online visibility than you do then its an issue you really need to address.
Get a website and use:
- Internet Marketing
- Google Ads
- Search Engine Optimisation
This will help you target and sell your products / services online.
When customers do finally arrive at your website make sure you don’t lose them straight away. Make sure your homepage is good enough to keep them on your site to navigate around and look at everything you have to offer. Its estimated a person will decide whether to stay on your site or leave in about 1-2 seconds of your website loading. A poor homepage will discourage users that your products/services are any good and they will most likely click back and go.
Home Page Content
This is your online shop window to the world, if your front page is not done correctly you risk losing your potential customers after all the hard work you have put in getting them to your website in the first place.
Good website design is very important but its not just about a really pretty website design, its also about making sure you have the right content on your homepage and throughout your website.
The following things your homepage should contain:
- Clear info on who you are what you do
- Contact info – tell your customers how to contact you
- If you are a local business, tell them where you are – people buy local
- Clear navigation with working links – basic stuff
- Company logo is a decent place – build brand
- Links to your social media pages – quick access to gains likes or followers
Ideas For Other Website Content
After the homepage, look at the other pages on the website. When adding content to your website make sure its two things. Relevant and Unique.
- About Us Section – people like to see who’s behind the faceless online business
- Our Team – show your customers the human side of your business
- Products/Services – good images and descriptions of your products
- Case Studies – success stories from your existing customers
- Order/Book links – clear buy now buttons for your products
- Contact Us/Location Map – make it easy for people to find you
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Terms and Conditions
- Privacy Statement
Blogging and How it Can Help Your Business
There are so many reasons a blog can massively help your business. The main ones i can think of right now are listed below. It is hard work but it definitely pays off. Google loves fresh content and there are many extra tricks you can do to leverage this in your favor to help you jump up the search rankings and create a quality blog site that your customers and potential customers will find really useful and admire.
- Establish yourself as an expert
- Great SEO benefits
- Increase traffic to your website
- Broadens the range of your target audience
- Keeps customers informed and interested
- Improves communication with current customers
- Increases customers loyalty and trust
- Helps good quality link building
Few more ideas of content for you website:
- Discount codes
- Special offers
- “how to” videos
If you don’t have a website then get one 🙂
If you do have a website review your homepage and make sure you’re not missing anything that could be putting potential customers off.